Education of foreign students with status of «compatriot»

In accordance with the RF Federal Law "On State Policy of the Russian Federation in respect of compatriots abroad" (FL (Federal Law) dated March 5, 1999, amended on July 2, 2013) "compatriots abroad" (hereinafter - the compatriots) are:

  • Russian citizens permanently residing outside the Russian Federation;
  • persons and their descendants residing outside the territory of the Russian Federation and related as a rule to peoples historically living on the territory of the Russian Federation;
  • persons who made a free choice in favor of the spiritual, cultural and legal relationship with the Russian Federation and whose relatives in the direct ascending line formerly resided in the territory of the Russian Federation, including:
    • persons who used to be citizens of the USSR, those who live in the countries that were part of the Soviet Union, persons acquired the citizenship of those countries or those who become stateless citizens;
    • Descendants (immigrants) from the Russian State, the Russian Republic, RSFSR, USSR and the Russian Federation who used to have the proper citizenship and have become citizens of a foreign country or stateless citizens.

Those Russian compatriots who live abroad and have received secondary (complete) education in the educational institutions of the country of their residence may enroll in Russian universities on an equal footing with the citizens of Russia, subject to submission of documents confirming their status of compatriots. To do this, an applicant must submit:

  • original and a copy of their birth certificate and;
  • copy of mother’s or father’s birth certificate , confirming their birth in the USSR or RSFSR.

Types of Entrance Examinations for Applicants-Compatriots:

  • the results of the Unified State Examination (USE) OR
  • the results of entrance examinations of KubSAU

If the applicant having a right to be entitled according to the results of the entrance examinations conducted by the University itself, presents the results of the USE in corresponding general subjects, the University considers the results of the USE as the results of entrance examinations in such general subjects.

To get an admission to programs of higher professional education in KubSAU compatriot should:

  • Submit documents proving their status of compatriot (the original and a copy of his/her birth certificate, a copy of his/her mother’s or father’s birth certificate, confirming their birth in the USSR or RSFSR) – to the international department, room 103, building behind a hostel №17)
  • get a certificate attesting possible admission to KubSAU in the status of "Compatriot" in room 103.
  • hand in the certificate indicated in paragraph 2 and all required documents to the Admissions Office of KubSAU at: 350044, room 121, building of Zooengineering faculty, Kalinina St., 13, Krasnodar.
    Phone: +7 (861) 221-58-18.

Invitation for entry into the Russian Federation for passing entrance exams and living in Krasnodar should be issued by applicants arriving on visas on their own.
Compatriots have the right to enter the University on the general grounds for foreign citizens.